This list incorporates the most essential beliefs of the American Center for Civic Training. These 20 Key Beliefs are what differentiate ACCT from many other political organizations.
- There is a God who created us and has provided mankind with a moral code for right living, and that we will be held accountable by Him for our decisions in our next life.
- All legitimate human laws must be based on God’s system of divine law, or natural law.
- Our inalienable rights come from God and are identified in scripture as anything necessary and proper for us to do to keep all of His commandments.
- The only moral role of government is to protect our legitimate, inalienable rights.
- God’s hand was in the building of America.
- The Founding Fathers were good, wise, and honest men who were raised up for the very purpose of designing the first free government in modern times.
- As the principles of moral self-government are God’s preferred pattern for limited government, the Founding Fathers were inspired in their design of the Constitution.
- Anything “more or less” than our original constitutional formula leads to the dangerous extremes of too much or not enough government.
- The U.S. Constitution is still relevant today because it is based on human nature which does not change.
- We are absolutely committed to the Founders’ formula for successful government.
- While the institutions of church and state should remain separate, the moral influence of religion should permeate American society and politics.
- All men and women should be equally protected in their inalienable rights, regardless of sex, race, religion, or any other differentiation.
- The system of checks and balances and separation of powers in the U.S. Constitution has been altered or ignored in several significant and dangerous ways.
- The attacks on the Constitution, the education system, the family unit, and the moral and cultural fiber of America have been intentional and carefully planned.
- America has been set apart as a land designated for the establishment of liberty.
- The Constitution’s checks and balances and separation of powers will be restored.
- As the Constitution has been destroyed by amendments, it must be healed by amendments.
- The constitutional formula can be restored quickly by addressing the root causes of today’s greatest problems.
- America can be healed by restoring the family unit, education, and community and international relationships.
- Through our faith, we can again merit God’s intervention to help us accomplish the healing of America.